Saturday, 12 October 2013

Durga Pooja in Toronto/ Scarborough

Hi All,
             Its Durga Pooja time in India . A lot of celebrations are already undergoing in various cities around India . Being out of India at this time, I really miss the festivals and celebrations of India. Like most of us, who are out of India during festival time, I also wish if we have some temple and place to go during these days, where we can go and enjoy the festival along with celebrations .


Luckily for me and others who wish the same, I found that "Hindu Dharmasram" are organizing "Durga Pooja". They are located at "1510 Birchmount Road, Scarborough".  This pooja is scheduled for full duration[10 days] of Durga Pooja.

They have a very beautiful "Durga"  goddess which is very nicely decorated as per the Durga Pooja rituals. They have also placed a lot of statues of other god like "Radha- Krishna", "Shiv-Parvati", etc. When I visited them today morning, I found prists doing worship to them. I also saw a few ladies and gentlemen dressed in tradional Indian dress who were taking care of various works of Food, Pooja, Prasad.

Later they told me that everyday morning they do "Pooja", then they have "Prasad" after 1 PM. They have "Aarti" in evening at 7 pm. They also have a separate area at same place for doing cultural programs which are conducted every evening after 7 pm "Aarti". 

I also realized that this organization does regular work and celebrations . I saw their event calender which had
all major Indian festivals.
Tomorrow is Dashmi and last day of Durga Pooja. So friends, If you wish to be part of Durga Pooja and Celebration and this is the place to go .
See u around.

Location : 1510 Birchmount Road, [Opposite Village of Punjab restaurant]



2 comments:

  1. Nice post. We will surely try to visit this temple. Thanks buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visit on the post.

    ReplyDelete